Thread: Sitch
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 17, 2006, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
... what did you mean by "(excepting, of course, silly rule interpretations on running lane violations)"? Interference on a RLV is still interference with a play. No play, no interference
Oh, I'm just taking another opportunity to bash the NFHS - as WMB would accuse me of - but, not really BASH them, more like make fun of them. Besides, has this now been adopted by the ASA, too??? Seems like I remember some discussion about it late last year.

The "silly interpretation" is the NFHS (and maybe others') interpretation of the running lane violation to include when the batter-runner who is awarded a base on balls gets hit by a thrown ball when out of the lane, regardless of whether there is any real play possible at 1B.
Well, no, ASA did not change their interpretation of this play.

ASA simply removed the comment "without liability to be put out" when talking about a walk because in FP the BR could enter DBT, interfere with a play on another runner, etc. I just attended a clinic with the top two ASA guys and when this rule change was covered, they never mentioned a change in the existing interpretation.