View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:
Depends on what you are referring to as "association". If anything other than ASA, absolutely not!
What I am referring to is my local umpiring organization, a state organization under ASA classifications. We have a little over 100 member umpires, and our customers/clients(the local P&R departments for the cities in our county) play ASA and USSSA, and even some NFSA. In other words, city A plays ASA, while city B plays USSSA. So...my first obligation is to my local umpiring association, and helping them get all of their games filled. I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not I am wearing a powder blue shirt on that day, or a red one. My primary function is to help out my local association and all of our clients, not some national/international faceless organizations. The players in my community will always come first, regardless of which codes those players' P&R departments chose to play by.

Now, if I do a good job for my local association, am always professional, attend the requisite clinics...etc., shouldn't my District UIC for either ASA or USSSA feel free to recommend me to higher level play based on those merits alone? Or, do you feel that I should abandon the desires of my local communities, and work only in those towns that play Brand A ball to be considered for state and national tourneys?

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.