View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Sal, Sal

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal Giaco
Personally, Brian Knight screwed up the appeal responsibility (it was Davidson's call). However, Knight got the call right (originally ruling the runner tagged properly). The replays clearly show that the runner did not leave early so I'm confused as to why Davidson over ruled Knight.

Moreover, seeing that Knight already made the call and was in decent position, all Davidson had to due is tell Buck Martinez something like ...

"Buck, you are right, the tag up was NOT Knight's call - technically it is my call to make. However, I agreed with the original call that the runner did NOT leave early so I'm not going to change the call."

Knight got the mechanic wrong but the call RIGHT. Davidson got the mechanic right but got the call WRONG. To avoid a sh!t house, Davidson should have just stayed with the original call and had Knight buy him a couple "pops" after the game for stepping on his di@K. Just my opinion
I didn't see it, but I don't think that BK messed up at all. He was in position and he got the call right from what you guys have said. It was Davidson's call and when he saw the appeal he didn't step up and make it, so BK probably did. I don't think BK ran over to third and said, let me, let me. Davidson didn't step up so BK did. The question shouldn't be why he made the call, it should be why didn't Bob?