View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 12:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Was he not awarded this playoff game previously? Yes. Did the color of his skin prevent him from being awarded that game? No. But now he and another official get into an altercation that spreads onto the floor and is very unprofessional. He could have walked away and not let it become a big argument that everyone saw. It obviously embarrassed other officials and most certainly the tournament staff. They have the right to get rid of those officials. Both officials were removed. Good.

Z
Larry Boucher who is on the NFHS Basketball Committee about 2 years ago came to the IHSA Official's Convention and spoke in a few sessions. One of the things he said was that Kentucky because of racial problems and history requires assignments at the State Tournament to be made with racial consideration. In other words, there is a requirement by law to have some many Black officials and so many female officials that work the State Tournament. Now if the Kentucky Supreme Court had to step in to make assignments fair, why would you not expect a situation like this to have some underlining racial factor to it? Now I am not saying it was, but if that is the way the guy feels, he has the right to say that. I am tired of people always telling others that they cannot claim racism when there is not only a clear history of such in this country, but it there is history in that state. I do not know of any state that had to have their State Supreme Court had to step in to alleviate racial history for officiating assignments. Do know of another state? If you had ever personally experienced racial problems throughout your life, you might understand why this get brought up a lot in this country.

Peace