Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Quote:
Originally posted by BadNewsRef
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun

Does anyone besides me see anything wrong with this?
Tome, please enlighten me. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm pretty tough.

Seriously though, I always welcome a critique of anything I do on the court.
I can understand,a little, that you are looking into the backcourt on a play that isn't in your primary, but is your line. However, why did you explain a call that you admit not knowing about for sure? Why are you explaining someone else's call? Sure, you can get away with this sometimes so it isn't an absolute to say never do it, but in your case you didn't get away with it. I just don't think you should explain the call. Next, you will be explaining a T that someone else called. After that, more yelling occurs...in the official's locker room. Do you think the coach would have got the T without your explaination?
Tom, I don't agree with this criticism.

Badnewsref saw something that clearly justified the call. He told the coach, in so many words, that he can't explain his partner's call *except* that he saw what he saw, which by rule made the call correct.

No biggie, if the coach can't accept that then the T is on him. And if he's already that upset, do you think he would have calmed down if badnews just told him he needs to wait for the next opportunity to speak to his partner?

I don't.