View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 09, 2006, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Agree with everything except the final statement. Walking B4 with B5 already on base will simply bring up B6 with no additional penalty. Book is clear on what to do if due to previously legitimized BOO's cause you to have a sitch where the proper batter is already on base. You skip the batter that's on base.
But the player wouldn't be removed from the base to bat due to BOO. His/her slot would be one past the correct batter following that ruled out for failing to bat.

Under CR section of rule 8 it states that if the batter due up is on base, s/he must leave the base, be ruled out and bat.

Actually, I don't think it's covered for situations once you get by the BOO or not using a CR. I guess you could "sell" it either way.

If a direct result of BOO, I would probably also leave the runner on base and just skip them that time through the line up. What I would suggest is that if you cover it before restarting the game after the BOO. IOW, go down the immediate line up of batters noting that #5 is going to be skipped to avoid further stopage of play.

[Edited by IRISHMAFIA on Mar 9th, 2006 at 06:58 PM]