View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2001, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: i dont think so

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
So, the clock that was seen on TV was not the actual game clock. The actual clock stopped as it was supposed to and was not required to be reset.
I know I'm going to seem like a jerk, but you know this . . . how?

The game clock is not shown on the TV. Ok, I can buy that.

But if we couldn't see the game clock (b/c ESPN used a graphic instead), how do we know that the game clock actually stopped?

I think if the clock on the TV had been different from the clock in the arena, the announcers would have mentioned it. They love that sort of thing.

I know I'm beating a dead horse. Sorry, but it just seems stupid to have a kid in the truck doing the clock. You'd see so many more adjustments during the course of the game. You'd have to adjust it after every basket in the last minute of the game, b/c no kid is going to start and stop the clock exactly the same as the official scorer.

Plus, if the officials are allowed to use the replay to determine if a shot was released before the end of the period, then it HAS to be exactly the same as the game clock. And that simply can't possibly happen if you have 2 different people running the clocks.

Chuck