View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 08, 2006, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

I was watching the Missouri Valley conference championship game on Sunday, Southern IL against Bradley. When they came back from a commercial in the second half they were showing a cheerleader being attended to because she fell from the top of a three-person high pyramid. CBS even had a replay of it, even though it happened during the commercial break, from a camera behind the backboard.

Now, here's the part that verifies to me that cheerleaders are a different breed. They had her strapped to the cart, with a full neck brace on, because she had cracked neck vertibra and a concussion. But as she's being wheeled off the floor, she's doing her cheerleading hand motions and clapping to the band! While laying flat on the cart! I thought she was going to whack one of the paramedics in the head. I know if I fell that distance unto a wood floor, I'd be happy to just be just awake enough to wave "Hi Mom" to the cameras. But here she is going through her routine. I wonder if her legs were strapped down, otherwise she might've kicked someone...

I was reminded of it last night when our local news did a story on her, because she's from the area. She will be fine.

(Used with permission.)