View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2001, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
No T for this situation, but here's what happened. First half, so defending team is in front of its own bench. I am the Lead official, opposite table (2-man game).

A1 puts up a shot, which rebounds to my side (away from table). B2 has inside rebounding position with A2 behind him. B2 has an arm back to "feel" A2. But instead of just getting a feel, B2 wraps up A2 and drags him to the ground while trying to grab the rebound with his other hand.

I call a holding foul on B2 and go report it to the table. Because we switch on all fouls, guess where I'm now standing? That's right. Directly in front of Coach B, who says to me, "Do you mean to tell me that I do rebounding drills every day so you can make THAT call?!"

"Coach, he can't pull him down."

"So I'm teaching it wrong?!"

"Coach, I don't know how you're teaching it. But he can't hold him and pull him down."

Ball finally heads to other end of the floor.

I just got a little chuckle out of that exchange, b/c he immediately wanted to make it personal. Like my call was a personal commentary on his coaching ability. Shoulda banged him, just to even out the T on the other coach.

Chuck