View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 04:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Maybe I am misunderstanding something from this post, but there is not "Team control" foul signal in NF. The mechanic procedure is to call the foul with hand up, signal the type of foul (block, push or hold), and then point in the direction you are going, then point to the spot you will be taking the ball out at. There is no "team control" signal as there is at the college level or similar to the PC control signal that is used in NF mechanics.

Do I think there needs to be a "team control" signal? Of course there needs to be such a signal. I think there is too much confusion with partners and participants what is going on. I have called several team control fouls this year and officials made a big production because they thought we were shooting FTs. I just think the NF is spending too much time trying to be different or not embracing certain mechanic from the college level because in my opinion Mary Struckoff and others on the committee are probably in conflict with whether to use Men's or Women's college mechanics.

Peace