View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2001, 02:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daves
I have never seen any official in our association make the delay warning call for contacting the shooter or huddling between free throws. Several times in every game I see players 'slap five' with the shooter between shots. To me this is contact with the shooter and should be penalized as a delay of game warning on the first one and technical fouls on any further delay. I haven't been calling it either. I don't want to be the only one doing so. Does anyone else make this call? I would like to see consistency on this call within our association. Any suggestions?

slappin 5 is an acceptable form of congrats for a made freethrow and also an acceptable form for players to keep their teammates spirits for a missed freethrow. i actually enjoy seeing the team work when players do this. as for the team huddle, just get in there and break them up. if it continues blatantly and you believe they are making a travesty of the game then penalty should be enforced by warning then action. ask a vet in your association what the proper procedure is in your association. that will probly be your best form of acquiring the proper info.