View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2001, 01:20am
Official Forum Member

Re: Do not quite understand.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
[B]So glad I do not have to go through what Daves and Josh have to go through. If you are good enough, you get to move up. None of this test taking or doing things that have nothing to do with the court. You are good, you move up. That simple as far as I see.

what did u exactly mean as far as not having to go through what i did?
but, either way, i wish it was that easy to move up here around Toledo. i am taking the varsity test this year, but in Michigan, the state doesnt mandate a test to be registered as a varsity official. In Michigan,I have a quicker chance of getting my first varsity game possibly this year in Michigan rather than Ohio. myself, i have quite a bit of experience and have been exposed to some of the better officials in our association, some of who officiate at the collegiate level. so i have been able to learn some things from them as well. i feel as an official you have to be confident in your abilities, and the confidence comes with the knowledge of the rules, as well as good sound mechanics, as well as good skills in preventative officiating and game management. but if you are good enough, eventually you will move up period.