Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
Quote:
Originally posted by PeteBooth
Originally posted by Carl Childress

Officiating.com has published today a free article written by Jason Millsap, a minor league umpire.

Papa C before I comment, please clarify something for me.

When Richie Phillips and the Umpires Union went on strike, did the Minor league Umpires "cross the picket Line" so to speak?

If they did, then the article holds no credence because it becomes hypocritical. On one hand they do not want "other umpires" taking Minor league assignments, but it was ok for them to take Big league Assignments.

Thanks

Pete Booth
They didn't go on strike. They had what was supposed to be an enmass resignation. Some failed to get theirs in the mail. Plus, these aren't the same umpires that so called "crossed the picket line". Things change, times change.
Your facts are wrong. Check the dates and come back when you know what you're talking about.

Strike in 1979; walk out in 1984, just before the playoffs.

The mass resignation? Summer, 1999, effective 2 September.
Was Richie Phillips union chief the whole time. By that I mean in 1979 and 1984? Cut a brother some slack. I'm not a mind reader.
But you are supposed to be a reader, no? When you make elementary mistakes like this, you certainly lose some of whatever credibility you ever had.

Cut YOU some slack? You "corrected" me with bogus information. You should remember there are some who post here who are pretty knowledgeable about baseball. I am one of them.

The answer to your question is "Yes."