View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 11, 2001, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

PHil bova camp is a good camp. im not sure where it is held, but im from toledo, ohio and i think its held at KENT ST. University. but what williefree be says in the earlier response is totally right. i am a young official myself, who started at 14 and have a full JV schedule in my 2nd year. take your varsity test asap, and get it out ofthe way. just cause you pass the test, doesnt mean you will get varsity games. i have a fellow official who mentors me, and he has given me some JV games that varsity offficials assign. the best thing you can do for yourself is read the rule book, check out this great website, ask questions, go to camps, have some mentors to guide you along the way,and officiate each game as if it is your last. But most importantly, be patient. you dont want to rush and get blackballed, or get in a situation where you dont want to officiate anymore. let the games come to u, and dont be a butt kisser. i think people will realize the hard work you put into the game, rather than into kissing someones behind. plus, kissing someoens behind will only get u so far.....