View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 22, 2006, 07:28pm
(Something hilarious)

I (as C in 3-person, or T in 2-person) have had numerous players receive the bounce from the L while standing somewhere in the middle of the semi-circle, and then proceed to sort of rock back with one foot farther back than the other, or step back and then step up into their shooting stance and come very close to stepping on the inside of the line, and have, actually, had a player whose habit was to receive the ball with his heels just off said line (and then step up and starting bouncing the ball before shooting), who actually stepped ON the line (but not all the way over it). This of course happened directly in front of the opposing coach's chair with about one minute remaining in a very close, very heated boys JV game - and was also the first attempt of a one-and-one. I was a second-year official, was dumbfounded, and took a bit of verbal and staring abuse from the offended coach in the ensuing time out that he called before the second shot (the first, of course, went through, as did the second) just to "ask" why I hadn't called a violation.

And I'm spent.