View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Time2Ref
Ok, I believe you.

Fill me in on the steps that they took in completing the forfeit.

Did they have to fill out a report and send it in to the association? Or did they just tell the official scorekeeper? Isn't the official scorekeeper from the home team? Couldn't they have just said "OK", and then forget about it? Was it in the local newspaper? What city was this? What school?

Did these guys get their check?

What happened to the irate fans after they lost anyway? They seem to settle down?

I believe you, but I don't believe your friends, who told you this story.

We need more details.
I know for a fact that this happened. I was not at the game actually myself (hence the "I heard this from some of my friends"), but I have talked to coaches who were at the seeding meeting the next day after this game, when the discussion of this game came up. The final outcome would determine a higher seed for one of the two schools.

The home team was "Team B". I know that you usually designate the home team as "Team A". As I relayed the story, I reversed the designations (not realizing I was going to be cross-examined) I was told it was in the local paper (this is the next town up the road) but I have not seen it for myself. This game determined who would be the higher seed going into the tournament. The visiting team is protesting their loss. If I get any more details, I will gladly pass them along.