View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

I was recently at an NJCAA game in Texas, and was very dissapointed at the level of officiating in the contest.

There were four kicked ball violations, and in all four situations, the referees reset the clock to 30 seconds (Women's). I know, being a scoreboard official on occasion, that the new rule is no reset 15 seconds and above, and reset to 15 at 14 seconds and below. After the coach argued about the ruling, he was given a technical foul.

Also, on a breakaway layup, A1 was fouled by B1 by pulling A1's jersey in flight. What was a blatant intentional foul was not even called a common foul.

And the final, but thing I'm least sure of, was a 3 second in the lane violation called while a shot was in the air, and also when the violating player had control of the basketball. I know that you can be called for 3 sec. with the ball, but this was in no way 3 seconds, as she had just received the ball.

All this plus bad traveling and Block/Charge calls.

My question is, how should a coach handle bad officiating like this without losing his/her mind?