Thread: Should I T?
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 16, 2000, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Matt I think you did a great job in that situation. Myself, I don't like giving out a tech if I don't have to. But in that situation, I would not have had no choice but to serve that individual up with one. My first rule of giving a tech is if the player or coach in someway takes away from the game by being that loud and everybody can hear him, then he needs to set straight. And if any player get up in my face, especially at that level of play will have to be address accordingly. good job.
quote:
Originally posted by Matt S. on 02-16-2000 12:20 AM
Had one of those college intramural games you'd like to forget. Yes, I'm in college too, but I am an experinced ref, so don't start making assumptions!!! Late in the game, team A down by about 15, B gets fouled by A1, who says loud enough for everyone to hear, "I never even touched her. How can you call that?!!!" This was a guy making the comment in a coed league. I T'd him up. Was it appropriate? Later in the game I tossed one of his teammates who thought he'd gotten fouled by a girl as he was driving to the basket. Gimme a break-he got in my face and the rest is history. Thanks for your opinions.

------------------
B-Lipscomb