Thread: Injuries
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wadeintothem

You would be covered under that most likely .. but its strictly forbidden in my assoc in assist a player in any way. Actually, youre not even supposed to pick up the helmet of the catcher and hand it to them (not that I want to anyway ) lest some distraught father find that to be flirtatious. Not my job now to render aid I suppose - I picked my uniform.. just something I've pondered in the event something went really bad.
With all due respect to your association, we are not talking about handling equipment, help someone with a twisted ankle, etc. I'm referring to an individual who is seriously injured and no one else on site has any sense of medical training.

If you are qualified and/or certified, screw your association. I can see the scene in a court now:

"Member of the jury, Mr. Medic, an individual trained and qualified to render medical aid to the player stood by and watch him/her fall into unconsciousness because he was wearing an umpire uniform!" Ridiculous? Sure, but we are also talking about our legal system.