Thread: Two Questions
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 07:50pm
Huck Finn

You got me on the spelling, what can I say; when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Here is the definition of custom: made or done to order for a particular customer. It is pretty silly for you to emphasize use of the word in the wrong way! You mention what YOU call them and how YOU refer to them, but those of us who speak English and spell Orthotics correctly do not consider a "off the shelf" insole custom.

I don't think there is anything custom about going out to the Sport's Authority or Dick's and getting an insert. This will be good to hear (read); you made a good point and I lead off admitting it, we will see what you do. I can't really take you out of context when you use a term the wrong way and then emphasize using it the wrong way. You can take me out of context when I said, in the previous sentence, that I thought your comments referred to a custom orthotic , since there aren't custom inserts/insoles - at least the ones you mentioned aren't custom. Anyway, I thought we - that need them - were talking about foot pain, taping feet and Spenco. By the way, if you think sof-sole (which I have) is good, you should go buy you some Spencos immediately if you don't already have them. The two don't compare. IMO.

How was that Mr. "report back to me?"

[Edited by tomegun on Feb 13th, 2006 at 07:58 PM]