View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 09, 2006, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
I called a game wendsday, evening game. Starts up fine, one team is fouling a lot more then the other and gets more fouls, some whining from the coach but she calms down as I give her the SS.
5-3 after 1st qtr (yeah I know, I have no idea how a team can make that few points either), blue is outfouling red 7-4 or something like that, so quite even, blue coach is still forward complaining though, I said "you foucse on coaching and we'll do our jobs"
2nd qtr, T'd a player for bouncing the ball, no complaints there, red end the qtr with two of their biggest players (14 and 16) having 4 and 3 fouls.

In the 3rd it's quite even, but blue still simply fouls more and nr 6 picks up her 5th in the 4th minute and goes out after some protest (not that much).
She came forward in the QTR brake and said she was absolutley sure she hadn't 5 fouls cause she counted her fouls. I just said "sorry, you're fouled out, and even if there is wrong in the score sheet, it's not a correcteble error at this point" she seamed to aceppt that and returned to her bench

the 4th qtr is getting really ugly though, in the 7th minute I have an offensive off ball charging wich could well've been an unsporting, nr9 gets it though and manages with a personal. How ever when red goes on offence, nr9 is called for unsporting defencive foul (I didn't call it so I don't know what it's for) then I have nr 12 loudly protesting and whining, I T'd her up, we shot 4. Then the coach loses it and tells her players to stop playing D, red gets to run all teh way through and score. Then blue dribbles the ball up, coach screams "pass to them!" nr9 (again) throws the ball straight in the face of an opponent, I DQ'd her, when I report that, the board asks who got the U, I say "nr9", I help them with the score sheet and then discovers that nr9 picked up her 5th with the U, and now got her 6th, so I call a Benchtechnical on coach for player having 6th foul, nr 12 doesn't get the message from the last foul and once again starts whining, I whacked her. I turn to the coach to tell her she just got a B so I say
"coach"
"Don't talk to me!" she simply turns her back, I walked away.

Blue still refuses to play D and the entire bench is now standing up cheering for red! The players are confused but simply runs and scores. I never T'd the coach even if I probably should, but it would just provoke her more. The game ends up, and as we stand at the board, a fight breaks out behind us, apperently nr9 has came in on the court and assulted a red player, then a women from the audience steps between and gets a fist, another goes in and gets a kick, by now there's chaos, mainly red players trying to get away , audiance trying to calm down players and blue players trying to hit anything that moves, blue coach is standing behind and watching. We break it up and it seams calm, but when we walk back to the table, the fight breaks out again! We break it up again, then we isolate the teams,blue coach is standing threatening us and says she has called the police. The blue team has finaly gotten into the locker room how ever the coach is not moving, even when "her" parents are trying to get her in.
we grab the score sheet and leaves without eaven changing shoes, we just walked straight out to the car (stopped once for signing the scoresheet).

Now I've got a massive report to write, and the womens from the audiance is going to police report nr 9 for assult too

These were girls 15 years old playing! I didn't excpect this to say the least... we'll see what happens with the report, but I wouldn't be suprised if the team's suspended from playing games for this season, and nr9 could probably be fined too I suppose, terrible really, and what's more terrible is that we two refs are both 14 years old! And gets put into this, NOT nice