Old Thu Feb 09, 2006, 07:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by truerookie
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by truerookie
(2)After, the ball is at team A disposal for the throw-in you will set the PA in team A direction.
Why would you do this? Once the ball is at Team A's disposal, wouldn't you simply point the arrow towards Team B at that point?
That is another approach, I will initially set the arrow in case something occurs which my cause Team a to lose the AP throw-in. It is a method I would use.
Sorry, bud, but that is NOT just another approach. Chuck's statement is the correct way to do this. Your method does not amount to the same thing for all circumstances, so please stop using it and follow what is stated in rule 4-3.

RULE 4, SECTION 3 SETTING DIRECTION OF INITIAL ARROW
Alternating-possession control is established and the initial direction of the possession arrow is set toward the opponent's basket when:
ART. 1 . . . A player secures control of the ball, as after the jump ball.
ART. 2 . . . The ball is placed at the disposal of the free thrower after a common foul when the bonus free throw is in effect.
ART. 3 . . . The ball is placed at the disposal of the thrower after:

a. A violation during or following the jump before a player secures control.

b. The free throws for a noncommon foul.
c. A common foul before the bonus free throw is in effect.

NOTE: This procedure is used only to establish the alternating-possession procedure. See 6-4 for using the procedure and reversing the possession arrow.