View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 07, 2006, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Hooper - exactly which calls do you think were so bad that officiating needs to be revamped?

I admit that as I was watching the game the first time, there were 4 calls I didn't like. However, now that I've had the opportunity to see these calls again, in slomo, from various angles, the ONLY one I didn't like was the no-catch/fumble on Stephens, which WAS reviewable by Walrusman - he just didn't choose to do so. The BBW on Hasselbeck was bad, but possibly not technically an incorrect call (I believe replays are inconclusive on whether he contacted the blocker) - just one I think I'd prefer not to see on a player trying to make a tackle.

Big Ben was in the EZ.

The OPI (push-off) in the endzone was correct.

The non-fumble by Ben was, after review, correct.

The catch at the pylon was out.

The hold WAS a hold (see the pictures in the other thread).

The only other thing the officials screwed up was that they did not figure out a way to let Seattle have better clock management at the end of both halves.

One might note that Pittsburgh was faced with many more "controversial" and possibly inaccurate calls 2 weeks ago than Seattle was in the Bowl - and Pitt found a way to overcome them.