Thread: Huum
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 06, 2006, 04:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dave30
I just think that there were some very close, controversial calls that went Pittsburgh's way. Ben's TD run....you saw the official raise his hand to spot the ball...then decide to call it a TD. He wasn't even sure. Had he called it down (like he started to), it would have not been overruled by the replay, just as the TD was not overruled. The hold as Seattle made a pass to the 2 yd line with a chance to go ahead was a call that I do not believe the referee makes most of the time. The hold (if you can call it that) was not the reason the Seahawks completed the pass and should have been a no-call. Seattle's penalties were more costly because they were momentum-killers. It's not how many penalties, it was the timing of the penalties. I just don't think the game was called very well and I think Seattle was on the short end of the calls all night...not purposely...but on the short end nonetheless. I'm not the only referee who feels this way I'm sure. It is just that most of us will not criticize another official. I usually don't but this is the biggest game out there and I think Seattle has a legit complaint about the way the game was called.