View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 05, 2006, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bebanovich
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
You have had several officials tell you it doesn't work.

Common sense should tell you that being a pest is not the best way to get what you want.

Yet you persist, it's very amusing.

Believe what you want, but come back and read the threads where we all have a good laugh at the expense of coaches who are howler monkeys.
I've had several officials actually read what I was posting and give thoughtful answers that helped me think about the issue. That's why I persist. A few have said that coaches who pick their moments and say, "please watch for x,y or z" might get their attention. If you actually read my quote that you pasted in your last post you would have noticed that was similar to one of the ways I define "working" an official - probably a poor choice of words in choosing a title for this thread.

I don't think I ever described behavior that was howler-monkeyesque - I think I have asked refs for calls (but not all game - jeez, I've got things to do) when I thought the crew was especially weak, inexperienced or indecisive.

It seems that one of two things is going on here: 1) a few are not reading my posts very carefully and are making judgments based on the situation, their feelings about coaches (or me in particular) and partial evidence (which would be poor officiating, would it not) 2) a few really want to be in a flame war with a coach and I'm not really playing along. If 2 is the case please let me know, I love a good roast and would be happy to oblige.
Actually, I read them very well, including between the lines. You said yourself you are looking for an edge.

You want to cheat, I'm not going to help you do so.

Good coaches know that they don't need a short cut/edge, to win the game.