View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 04, 2006, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by PAT THE REF

SIT.4) A1 is dribbling up court, B1 is defending. When A1 establishes front court status, B1 “bear hugs” A1 – at this time the coach for Blue proceeds to walk out on to the court and starts questioning my partner. He states that there was a foul (in my position as the new L in a full court press) {I was in position and I did not see white commit a foul}. My partner “T’s” the coach – while I’m reporting the foul to the table. The table did not catch my reporting… So my partner gives the BIG T… What I mean by that is – “Tweet”, “Technical Foul on Blue Coach, White shoots two…” Goes to administer the free throw already. There I am – still at the table – so I finish with the table (had a 8th Grader doing the book)… and tweet to my partner. Then I hustle over and state I have an intentional foul before the Tech on B1… We put A1 on the line – 2 shots, he stays for the T – 2 shots – all made. A Ball… Any comments or tips you can give me for this situation?
Good T. Your partner should have kept his composure and let you finish reporting your foul before he went to the table to report his T. Then before doing anything else you guys should have gotten together to decide who's shooting, at which basket, who gets the ball after, etc etc. Then continue the game.
Quote:

SIT.4 1/2) Blue coach (now “T”), proceeds to coach his team standing up… We inform him of the seat-belt rule… He says “So WHAT? There is no one here!!! Stop Showing Off.”
Our Ruling – We told him he had to sit down. He did, got up again and told him again. (2x got up)

Sigh.

Second T. If there's no one else to coach the team the game is over. Before leaving make sure you get the time of the second T for when you call your assigner which you will do as soon as you get into your car.

Generally if you recognize before hand that a coach is going to be a pain keep him on a short leash. There's a show on TV called the dog whisperer. A dog trainer goes to people with problem dogs & he cures them essentially by calmly & quietly establishing that he is in control of everything the dog does. You need to learn how to be a coach whisperer.