View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2001, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

First, I thought there was something in the rules that stipulated this, but can find nothing. Second, my point is that the official's certification as NF is not of concern or issue here. What matters is how the league/district/whatever wants the table handled and who they hold responsible. For instance, I coach in a MS traveling league where I get 5 home games, 5 away games, and supply zero scorers - they are paid by the league to be there and show up. They don't show, we don't play, because they also serve as gym management. I coach in a second traveling league (care to guess why I don't ref!!!) where we have back-to-back league games in one gym every Saturday. This league's rules stipulate that each team will provide one table rep. Both leagues operate using NFHS rules. The MS public school league uses off-duty teachers from the host school at the table - they play NFHS ball too. So forget who certified the refs - you need to know who runs the league and what their table rules are. And if you have table problems, you need to address that with the league as well.