View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 03, 2006, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ctpfive
What are the only situations that allow the inbounder to keep the privelage of running the baseline after a made basket? Or, when does it not become a designated spot throw in? I know there was a thread earlier about this, but I am still having a hard time with this one. Maybe I am just making this one too hard.
Rule 7-5-7 "After a goal or awarded goal as in 7-4-3, the team not credited with the score shall make the throw-in from the end of the court where the goal was made and from any point outside the end line. A team retains this privilege if the scoring team commits a violation or common foul (before the throw-in ends and before the bonus is in effect) and the ensuing throw-in spot would have been on the end line. Any player of the team may make a direct throw-in or he/she may pass the ball along the end line to a teammate(s) outside the boundary line."

Our discussion of last week centered around a Double Foul occurring before the throw-in ended. The discussion was lengthy and not settled.