View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 03, 2006, 01:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: man in blue

Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
i completly disagree too with your assessment -- its great that the coach handled the situation the way he did but as a ref we are responsible for everything that goes on on the court -- and someone wishing out loud that another player would "f*&^*&% die" is a flagrant tech in my book -- at any level
I have to disagree with you. For one we do not know that the official heard the same thing or even knows this was said. We are only responsible for things we see and hear. We are not responsible for things said under someone's breathe, nor should we be. I am going to assume that the coach heard the comments and the officials probably did not hear the comments clearly.

Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
what if a player commits a reach in foul and the coach tells you before you blow the whistle dont blow your whistle ill deal with him -- whats the point of having you on the court then
This is not a good analogy if you ask me. We call fouls that we see not what we assume took place (at least I do not). It is also based on judgment of the officials. BTW, what is a "reach" foul?

Peace