View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know why we are even talking about D1 guys anyway. Pretty much all the D1 assignors have already come out and said that they won't let their guys turn back games or cancel dates to take minor league games. If the MiLB guys go on strike, it isn't going to be the D1 guys working the games.

I know I sure wouldn't chance turning back any of my D1 or D3 games to do a MiLB games. My D3 assignors will let me turn back games to get a D1 game...but even though some of them haven't addressed it, two of them already have said that if any of us try to give back games to do MiLB games, then we won't ever work for them again.

They want us to get the experience, but not like this. I know that all my assignors would let me turn back a game to do a MiLB game under normal circumstances. That would be a good experience, to work with a pro umpire. But to work as a scab. Not good.

Just got an email from Rich Fetchiet outlying the same thing. Obviously the NCAA can't choose a side, but they can keep you from turning back games to work MiLB games.