Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I don't have a problem with lumping all the fouls into 3 or 4 signals, because when one reports a foul, one also gets everyone's attention and also tells who did it.
Well lessee...off the top of my head I count 5: push/charge, player/team control, hold, hack, T.

What else might we need?
There's push, hold, block, hack, T.

As five categories, that's fine. the "unapproved" signals that we give to describe the action to the coach are useful.

My point would be, what's the "unofficial" signal to tell the coach that the player just stepped out of bounds illegally, and what's the mechanic for stepping around the players so the caoch can see the unofficial signal? pointing down to the line makes the official even harder to see, and there are several very different things that might be indicated by that signal. It would be nice to have a motion or two to indicate to the coaches and the crowd what's happnin...
I understand what you're saying about needing more violation signals but you seemed originally to want more than the 7 foul signals we have now (left off block, just realize I forgot intentional. Here are the 7 again: push/charge, player/team control, hold, block, hack, T, intentional.)