Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: you are right

Quote:
Originally posted by Kajun Ref N Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Blind & lovin' it
Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
i was once a freshman ref -- but some guys (and all associations have them) that arent good officials (believe it or not they are just there for the check) -- and i give slack to the new guys but there are some that i know have 2-3+ years under their belt -- as a coach tell me you would not get mad at the following

sit b) how about being told that my player was called for a block because he was stepping back and wasnt set

sit c) or one of my techincals
me: why was that last play a turnover when my player got shoved in the back (i said that as a question -- all i wanted to hear was coach i didnt see a shove -- fine with me) instead i get coach you better sit down the rest of the half (6mins left Q2)
me: for what?
ref: T

sit d) same ref who t'd me up there in a previous game (same ref 2 ts) -- block called on one side and charge called on other side by the same ref -- i agreed with the charge -- i asked him why we were called for the block (i asked him a question calmly because i know how i want coaches to address me)
ref: coach ive had enough from you (when this was the first time i asked him a question)
me: why wont you answer my question?
ref: T

sit e) you want more -- i treat ppl how i want to be treated and the times i have blown up at officials is when they

1) fail to simply address a question i have (not a statement)
2) tell me to sit down or shut up or both

Sit B) He isn't set - (doesn't have position?), moving backward? Sounds like the block was the easy call - maybe the T for the flop was what you thought was more appropriate?

Sit D - E) I looked everywhere in the rule book and case book and I can't find a spot where it says anything like "Offical must respond to coach's questions, comments and whining." ... maybe that's in rule 13 ...

I think you should "sit down and shutup".

Blind,

You may want to rethink this whole officiating thing.

First of all, sit B) You'd better check the rule book - moving backwards and being set are not reasons to call a block.

Sit D - E) No you don't have to respond to coaches questions, but you have to ask yourself why you woundn't, especially if, as deecee says, they were asked respectfully.

This game is about the kids. There are times that coaches need to, as you put it, "sit down and shutup," this sounds like a situation when the officials need to "stand-up and be men"!
Exactly. Screaming and yelling is one thing, but asking for a rule interpretation in a respectful manner is another. You would have no reason, other than uncertaintly not to explain yourself.