View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 31, 2006, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Continued Update

Just to let you folks are up to speed. I did speak to the team last night and did apologize again. My points of emphasis were:

1) I did not know the rules (head coach only speaks to officials, asst. coach can't stand except to applaud and you can't stand after a T.)
2) The T that was originally given was due to actions prior to the last statement.
3) Although in my opinion the official was quick in the second T, he was applying the rules as written.
4) Now my actions put the head coach in a heck of a predicament the rest of game. He couldn't stand to speak to the officials and taken literally, maybe not at all.

The difficulty for me is that almost half the team was ill last night so I will need to bring this up again to those girls at the next opportunity. I have ordered a set of rules and case book from the state, and will read them ASAP. I called the head of the Y Sports to speak to him about it. He had arrived at the venue 20 minutes after our game. His exact quote "..that was you. Never would have guessed it." He also said that the two officials were father and son, and although he gave me two Ts the father is usually the reserved one.

I will still speak to them before the game, and informed them with what I have learned. Like, Iowa State fans forget about recent games with Kansas and remember only wins over Nebraska. Its got to hurt the Northern Iowa is higher ranked. Let's all tip back a Natural Light and toast the Panthers.

Thanks to all.