View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 31, 2006, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

I'm sure it's the same for some of you, but for me, the lower level I work, the less crap I'll put up with. In the original post, they were already riding the officials and then an assistant coach jumps off the bench. That's automatic, especially at a lower level game. In a varsity game I might tell the coach to get control of his bench. I just feel that if we enforce sportsmanship hardcore at the lower levels, we won't have nearly as many problems at the varsity level. For example, last night I had a very good JV game, 2 point lead for the home team with about a minute and a half left. A guard for the home team sees a trap coming behind him and travels. As I'm calling the travel he shouts "F...." I give him his well earned T immediately. He was not yelling at anyone, just frustrated. Coaches and parents totally understood and it did end up costing home the game. In a varsity game, if there was any way I could avoid this T by talking to the kid, I would have, but not at the lower level.