View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 31, 2006, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Coach, a few thoughts

Someone posted that it is possible/likely that the officials for your game weren't top flight. I agree and so you should approach each game knowing that they are going to miss several things or get some rules wrong. It's possible that the coach can work with them to have them look in different areas for fouls or help them interpret the rules. The assistant coach doesn't have much of an opportunity to do that.

As to what happened; I personally would only give a asst. coach a T for "Wow" if he had been a jerk for some time, had been warned, and if the whole gym heard him/her say "Wow" in an exaggerated fashion.

I once gave two quick T's to the same player in rec ball. It's something I learned from and something I'll try to never do again because I felt that I unjustly punished them for something which didn't warrant two T's.

I agree with your course of action. Apologize directly to the team and definitely speak to the officials prior to the next game telling them there are no hard feelings.