View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 29, 2006, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
Just a question I have in all of this. Is the person who keeps the visitors' scorebook bench personnel since that person is not the official scorer?
2-1-2 specifies an official scorer.

2-22-11 makes mention of 'the visiting scorer', recommending that the official scorer compare records with the visiting scorer's records after each goal, foul, charged timeout, and end of quarter and extra period.

4-34-2 says that " . . . Bench personnel are all individuals who are part of or affiliated with a team, including, but not limited to: coaches, manager(s), and statistician(s).

4.34.2 (Casebook) makes it clear that it's a T on the bench if the ahtletic trainer, seated on the bench, throws a towel on the floor in reaction to a call by an official.

In the light of the foregoing, subject to more light, of course, here's how I treat it. If the visiting scorer is seated at the table, and, optimally, next to the official scorer per mandate in the rules (somewhere), I treat the person as my responsibily, if I am the Ref. If the person 'misbehaves' (refuses to stop cheering for his/her team from the table), I will banish the person to their bench. From there, if they misbehave, I will asses a bench T.