View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 29, 2006, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Roamin' Umpire
1. Don't give B an option - declining the penalty results in A 1/G @ B4 to start the second quarter. They will accept the penalty, which is during a running play, and so is penalized from the end of the run. (Foul is ahead of the basic spot.) 10 yards back from the B15 results in A 4/18 @ B25; one untimed down.

2. This is a PSK foul ahead of the end of the kick, so we'll penalize from the end of the kick. 15 yards for the personal foul (blocking after signal) results in B 1/10 @ B25; clock on the snap (kick).

3. Prepare to catch hell from B's coach. The defender is guilty of pass interference for face guarding (no contact required for PI in NFHS). It's going to be A 1/10 @ A45; clock on the snap (incomplete pass).

4. Loose ball play, with a foul behind the previous spot. It's a 15-yarder, so we're going half the distance from the spot of the foul. A 1/21 @ A9; clock on the snap (OOB).

5. No foul - the ball is dead as soon as it's clear the kick is no good.

6. If it wasn't grounding, I'd want to know if the block occurred before or after the pass was thrown, and if it was anywhere near the pass - could be pass interference. Since the pass is illegal, we're going to have a double foul either way - A 3/20 @ A30; clock on the snap (incomplete pass).
Good stuff RU. I agree with all rulings. In Oregon for the past two years we'd let the play go in # 5 and have A replay the try from the B-1.5. Not sure if we'll go this way again this year. One question I have for #6. Since we're replaying the down won’t we go back to the previous clock status even thou the play ended up as an incomplete pass?