View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I think this must be an officially declared event and it was this week. Several of you have described horrible game this week, and I had a real lulu tonight. 1A girls' varsity. These schools don't even have JV teams -- too small. Visitor's book person was incredibly partisan and got pretty vocal by the end. Visitor coach tossed in the third quarter. Wouldn't leave. No assistant to sit on the bench. Had to have a major conference about who was allowed to take over. Over 50 fouls. Worst of all, the visitors came really close to catching up by the end, and we almost had OT. 4 more minutes of that stuff, and I'd have applied for combat pay.
Hmmmm, coach tossed, no assistant - unless they had their AD or another school employee to take over it sounds like a forfeit to me Juulie.....

I had a 4A F/JV girls double header tonight - DDHS @ Central Catholic. First game was about what you'd expect, but the JV was actually pretty good. Now if I can only make it through the 3 G8 tournament games I have at Sunset this weekend....
The varsity game must have been pretty unpleasant, though. blow-out times ten!

I would have forfeited the game if the boys' V coach hadn't sat in and taken over. The huge conference was over who could legally do the job. My partner was trying to insist that whoever filled in had to be approved, hired, or whatever, I didn't pay a lot of attention. Finally I got the boys' coach aside and said, look, we don't have anything to say about this. Legally, it's your problem not ours. Whoever you choose is fine with us. I think in the end it was a teacher from the school who is the JH coach. He did a pretty good job, and the team came back from an 18 point deficit to only lose by 4.

Just for the record, the visitors were Heritage Christian. I knew you'd be asking about that....