View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

I certainly agree that the stars have been crossed this week.

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Visitor's book person was incredibly partisan and got pretty vocal by the end.
As for this, I would never put up with this. You don't need this person for anything, so just remove him and tell him not to let the door hit him on the way out.

The scorer and timer are part of your crew for that night and should support you and you them.

Tonight was a good example. I actually observed a father yelling at the scorer and timer during the jv game. I was sitting quietly off to the side in street clothes since I arrived early. It was obvious that he was really bothering them. One time the scorer even turned around and yelled at the guy when he complained that the 1-1 wasn't being awarded after a PC foul. When I took the floor for the varsity contest, I had to check the book and I let the table crew know, in not so quiet a voice so that this guy could hear me, that if anyone in the stands gave them a hard time during the game all they had to do was say the word and I would be happy to remove that person.

You should have seen their faces. They just loved our crew after that. Talk about scoring points, if there had been a place on the scoreboard for officials between the home and visitor score, I think that we would have won the contest.