View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Adam: first of all, what was the final score of the game(s) you have questioned the officiating on? Please be honest.

Second, while officials make mistakes and have bad games, its very doubtful that there was an attempt, organized or not, to favor one team or school over another. I have officiated a very high number of basketball games, fewer football games, and fewer still games of other sports ranging from volleyball to softball, to intramural sports in college. I've worked with many poor officials, but I can't remember one time where I felt my co-official(s) was/were being anything other than unbiased in their calls. I think the experience of the posters on this board back that up completely. I'll conceed that on very rare occassions, there MAY (and I emphasize MAY as I don't have any proof of this) have been a "make-up" call or a call is made by an official who's gotten angry at a coach or player who's berated them. But this still falls into the category of "poor officiating" as its unprofessional and not into the category of bias.

I encourage you to grab a whistle and striped shirt and join us sometime. See what we do and you'll find out that about 98% of what people think of officials and officiating is 100% wrong.