Thread: a make up?!?!
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

I had a partner last Tues night that I haven't worked with before for a varsity boys game. We talked through a pre-game and everything sounded good ... and it was until the 2nd quarter.

I was in Lead when the ball was stolen near the FT line ... the kid with the ball was moving fast, as I stopped at about the opposite FT line (now Trail) my partner called a charge. He was about straight across from me, as he couldn't keep up with the kids quite as well, when he made the call. I thought the kid flopped worse than anything I've seen a couple seasons - but I differed to his call, as it was his area and didn't think much more of it.

The offending kids coach jumped all over my partner, but calmed down quickly to avoid the T. 30 seconds (game time) later found me in the Lead at the opposite end, a kid gets bumped and "tweet!" ... charge from my partner in the Trail (ball was in the post - right in front of me)!

Now, I don't care if I disagree with a call, whatever, I'll support you - but 2 charges, 30 seconds apart, with the 2nd called out of his area!?!? I couldn't believe it.

I didn't know what to say to him ... so I didn't say much at all. I work a JV game with him again next week - would you make a comment, or hope it was a one time thing?