Thread: Post Play
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Originally posted by FrankHtown
In 2-person you DO go across to referee the play in the post. If the ball comes below the free throw line extended, and I rotate over, and square up, I'm telling the Trail "I have the play. Go off-ball."
I would agree with your first sentence (since that's pretty much exactly what I said)...as for the rest of your post, I'm not so sure I agree...so you are saying that you go across as L, and then pick the ball up out in the deep corner (say, outside the 3 pt. line)??

Now that, I think, could cause some coverage problems...
That was my thinking as well - you do not change areas of coverage, just what direction your looking at it. The L still has the paint, and the area below the FT extended opposit the T. But when the L comes over, they are just looking at the paint from a different angle. The T could still have something outside the paint, directly in front of the L, because that is still T's area.

It's not something I do often, but it has helped to get that better angle. Just remember to pre-game areas of coverage, so the T doesn't go to sleep in their area just because the L is close by.

[Edited by M&M Guy on Jan 26th, 2006 at 03:16 PM]

(Used with permission.)