View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 02:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Jeff, is a "Class 2" clinic the same as the 6 hour clinic (vs. the 4 hour clinic), or is this something different? Also, do you mean an official needs to attend this clinic every year, as opposed to once every 3 years now? I thought there was already the 6 hr. clinic requirement to work post-season, so what will be the specific change for next year?
I do not know if they are going to change the classification in basketball, but I do know that there are going to make Class 2 Clinics required if you want to work any post season. We will see at when the next Official's Handbook comes out or you might be able to find out on the IHSA website looking at Board decisions. I just know that this was told to a group of people that were in a committee meeting about a week ago. If I did not make it clear, this will be apart of the power rating. So you will get more points for attending a "Class 2" clinic as opposed to just being a requirement. So the power rating will change. I am not sure exactly how, but this will be added to the equation.

Peace