Thread: Post Play
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 26, 2006, 02:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
In 2-person, you don't go across to referee the ball in the post, you go across to referee the post while T is busy with other things...if the ball is in the post, that's T's primary, but if - like I said earlier - T has the ball in the deep corner and a bunch of other players over there, there's no way T can cover all of that...and even in close-down, I'm still looking at nothing but the defenders arse - not much of an angle there.
I know people that would disagree with your opinion on why you should not cross or cross. That is the problem I have for the mechanic because there are a lot of different reasons why people feel you should go ball side. Not everyone is big on this mechanic and I personally do not care either way. I think it is a personal decision with your crew and the officials that decides to use it. I do not see a reason to rotate just because people are on one side of the court. The issue for me would be why they are on the other side of the court. I know in 3 Person where rotation is required for the system to work, you still do not rotate just because more people are on one side of the court (unless you work NCAA WomenÂ’s and NBA mechanics). You rotate when it is clear the ball is going to stay in that area or a team is right-handed or left handed and there is no doubt post play on that side is going to be essential to this offense. I do not think that makes this veteran a bad officials or stubborn. I think it makes this officials not buying into this philosophy.

Peace