View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 07:01pm
Official Forum Member

I had a similar situation yesterday, soph. girls game. V has only 4 players to start the 2nd quarter. I stop my partner from giving the thrower the ball and ask the coach for a fifth player. The 5th player comes straight off the bench, onto the floor. We go to put the ball in play and the scorekeeper (the home team's AD) starts complaining loudly that she hasn't checked in. So I send her to check in. I can hear him muttering to people around him that it should have been a T. There's no way I'm calling a T on this.

Funny thing though, we have to hold up play at the start of the 3rd quarter 'cuz the home team only has four. The fifth player is off getting a drink. She comes from the corner of the court straight onto the floor. Nary a word from the home scorekeeper on that one.

Oh well, at least the jerk, I mean AD, knows that I'm gonna give his girls the same break I give the visiting team's.

[Edited by Back In The Saddle on Jan 25th, 2006 at 07:04 PM]