View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 06:46am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Would you do this?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stmaryrams
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
As others have said, for the lack of maybe just clapping your hands and saying "c'mon, let's go" and then waiting a few seconds, you're putting the game in the dumper. It's just shows a lack of game management skill, is all. This type of over-officious call can put you in career limbo.
I feel it's just the opposite - it is a prescribed game management skill in the NFHS rules.

If this has been on ongoing problem in the game - I would do it and have. Especially when this is the first of 2 or 3 games that night (frosh, JV, Var).

This is something that can be addressed earlier in the game with a quick talk to the coach not breaking their huddle. "Coach, next time get them on the floor by the second horn or we'll have to put the ball in play"

The prescribed mechanic is the officials step toward the huddle on the first horn with 1 finger up saying, "First horn."

Then you stay there until they break. If that second horn goes and they are still in a huddle so are you with 2 fingers up, "Second horn let's break, we need them on the floor NOW coach."

I have not had to put a ball on the floor in like 10 years, and I haven't had a partner do it either.