View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2006, 03:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by hooper
I had a situation once where one team was out shooting before the game and the other teach came out of the locker room and ran around the full perimeter of the court, including the opponents end where they were shooting. They didn't interfere with their shooting, but they were on that end of the court, albeit briefly. My partner walked up to the coach and said, "That's a violation. You have to stay on your end of the court. But I'll give you a warning this time." Was he wrong?
In my state the IHSA did not outlaw a team from going around the court. They did say that they cannot interfere with another team's warm-up in any way. So no team can run through their warm-ups and it would be a technical if there was a violation of our guidelines.

As Nevada said, each state has its own guidelines and what happen at your game might be a violation and might not be a violation. You need to talk to your local people and find out for yourself. Or you could reveal which state you live in and I am sure someone from that state can give you some further information.

Peace