View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

My Trick--

I keep score in our rec league.. and with my limited concentration skills.. I would always find myself thinking.. about a minute after a timeout.. "did I record that timeout?" or "did I record that JP possession switch" and similar type lapses.

By far the best solution is talking out loud to the clock guy.. which helps more than anything.

But since it is rec play, I designed my own scorecard (using Microsoft word/Tables) and I put places in to record the time things that are easily forgotten occur.. so now if I have a question of "did I remember to record that" I can see the time.. and it helps me a lot.

This season I actually printed a bunch of my scoresheets out (on heavy cardstock, since the folding table we use for scorekeeping has this "pebbled" type finish, and is rough to write on) and took it to Kinkos and got it bound into one book for a couple of bucks... now all scoresheets are in one place. It worked out pretty well.

Obviously this is not a practical solution if you use an official scorebook... but it was my partial solution to the problem. If anyone needs a cheap source of scorecards I'd be happy to email mine to you.. and you can print out as many as you like.. and alter it however you wish. Send me your email troytruth@*nospam*yahoo.*nospam*com