View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

I've worn the Reebok Ref (regular leather) with Sof Sole insole replacements. Everyone should replace their insoles with something designed for your type of foot. OEM shoes don't put enough time and effort into their insoles, especially those brands the majority of us wear. And even if they are decent, chances are they aren't in tune with your foot.

As far as the shoes themselves, they've held up pretty well. They fit OK but I may look for something more comforatable. Nike has always made a comfortable shoe for me, though I've never had good luck with their insole support. Now that I'm using replacement insoles, that isn't a problem.

Incidentally, though its slightly off subject, what are you guys wearing for socks? I can't recommend more strongly the Feetures brand. They make the regular and light version, though the lights don't (I don't believe) come in black. I wear lights (quarter length) as a base layer then the regular black (also quarter since I have on black tights) as the top layer. Some won't need two layers, but I do. Anyway, the socks don't have a toe seam but fit really well due to the forefoot support. I bought a bunch of them (black for reffin' and white for working out) at amazingsocks.com. Check them out.