View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2006, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rizzo21
It wasn't your group in the Orange and White down near the court was it? You would have been REAL close to the call I had a question about. I think we are correct, she simply blew the call...Joanne P knew it too.

I still work at the 2-man level but from the three-man scrimmages I've worked and been "observed" at, two Trails is a big no-no!

Overall, the officials did a decent job. Even when they called foul on the MSU shot with three seconds, I didn't see the OSU coach protest much.

I've never seen a show so original and crowd pleasing as those jump-ropers. Apparently they did the half-time at the men's game the day before as well. They were a bargain no matter what our athletic department paid them.

Very poor execution on the last play and eating a timeout like that was very strange. Oh well, it's easy to second guess now but Joanne P has had great success, I won't argue too much. Davenport just "went off" and carried OSU.

Liz is a phenomenal person and player. If I had half the work ethic she had, I'd be a millionaire. I, too grew up in a humble little area up north, same latitude, different side of the state. I e-mailed Liz last year and congratulated her and shared my up-north experience. We used to have some royal battles with the MCGL men's team and now the LeeLeenau peninsula is our favorite place to vacation in Mich. She wrote a nice note back.

I understand Liz is a great person. Very humble, hard worker, never lost her roots. She has had a great career. I am originally from the Saginaw area. Now live in Traverse City and ref most of NW lower Michigan. Great towns, great kids, great atmosphere. Life is good!